Who has pottered by this way, then?

Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Leavers - I

The Leavers - I



I saw us all as children:
Small; daft; vulnerable.
What truth can we know?
What can we do?
Seemingly
Little.
But...
By grace
We are called,
We live in God:
God inhabits us.
Abiding in God's love,
I saw us all as children.




6th June 2015, Community of the Resurrection, Mirfield
Yorkshire Ministry Course leavers' quiet day


Note: at the start of the day, as we sat in a circle in Lower Church, I suddenly had a vision of all of us as children, specifically as the individual children we once were. As we prepare for ordination as deacons within the next few weeks, this was a useful image to reflect upon when I went up into Upper Church. As I sat at the east end near the Altar, I wrote this. A different perspective on this theme of our age emerged in another poem later that day.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what the format of this poem is called, but the lines are in the pattern of 7,6,5,4,3,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 syllables. For those who like to notice such things.

    ReplyDelete